Welcome to Aeron Cookbook - introducing Aeron, Aeron Archive and Aeron Cluster to new and intermediate users through in depth guides and a cookbook.
Aeron offers efficient reliable UDP unicast, UDP multicast, and IPC message transport - with a core design goal of reaching the highest throughput with the lowest and most predictable latency of any messaging system. Aeron Archive allows message streams to be recorded to persistent storage for later, or real-time, replay. Aeron Cluster provides fault tolerant total ordering across multiple streams. Aeron is an open source project, hosted on GitHub.
Please note that this is not an official guide produced by Real-Logic. Related source code can be found on GitHub.
- Want to understand what Aeron is and how it works?
- Need to know how to use Aeron Archive?
- Want to build resilient systems with Aeron Cluster? Before you do, it may be useful to first review Distributed Systems Basics
- Need high performance data structures and offheap Agrona Direct Buffers?
- Want to use the Simple Binary Encoding high performance codec generator?
Last updated in March 2023 - see changelog.
Current with: Aeron 1.40.0 • Agrona 1.17.1 • SBE 1.27.0
Feedback and issues should be raised on GitHub. Advanced topics are best suited to commercial support engagements. Production details and how to contact the author can be found here.